Today’s slot is Gordian Questa deck-building roguelite RPG by Mixed Realms that just left Early Access.
In Gordian Quest, players will form a band of heroes to save a land besieged by monsters and dark curses. Inspired by tabletop RPGs, players will lead their parties on dangerous quests full of random events, mobs of monsters, and insidious traps. Upgrade your party with new skills, cards, and gear to help them conquer turn-based tactical battles. Whereas Gordian Quest features roguelite elements, the game’s 4-act campaign can be played with permanent death disabled.
You can find a launch trailer below.
Gordian Quest is available on Windows PC via GOG and Steam for $19.99.
You can find a preview (via Steam) below:
A sinister curse corrupts the land. Darkness reigns. Monsters roam. Villains plunder. The cowards flee. Heroes appear.
Lead heroes on an adventure to save what’s left of this fallen world and destroy the abundant root of evil. Will you fall into the clutches of your enemies or the consequences of your bad decisions? Your Gordian Quest is about to begin.
Gordian Quest is an epic deck-building RPG inspired by old-school classics like Ultima and D&D, using modern gameplay concepts like roguelite elements and strategic turn-based combat. You will form groups of heroes that you will have to lead and manage in grueling missions. Help them forge bonds and discover new skills among them. Be fearless and steadfast as you work to unravel the curses cast upon the lands and vanquish the ultimate evil at the heart of it all.
- Campaign Mode – Venture through 4 acts, taking you from the troubled lands of Westmire to the enigmatic Sky Imperium, on an epic journey to save the land of Wrendia.
- Kingdom Mode – A frenetic and fast-paced roguelite mode. Challenge an ever-changing version of the game with unpredictable threats and rewards. Complete 5 realms or complete an endless challenge to see how far you can go.
- Adventure Mode – An end-game mode where you can explore procedurally generated areas or complete solo challenges.
- Skirmish Mode – A 1v1 mode where you pit your party of three against a friend.
- Ten Heroes – Each with their own class, skills and playstyle to form a party of three and go on an adventure. Play as the Swordhand, Cleric, Ranger, Scoundrel, Spellbinder, Druid, Bard, Warlock, Golemancer or Monk.
- Hundreds of Skills – Heroes have a combined total of nearly 800 passive and active skills that can be deployed in turn-based battles, allowing players to discover and formulate their favorite combos.
- Train and Equip Heroes – Heroes can be upgraded, trained, and equipped with a wide selection of weapons, armor, and enchanted trinkets to enhance their abilities.
- High Replayability – Procedurally generated maps and dungeons and random hero skills make each playthrough different from the last.
- Different Difficulty Levels – Embrace hardcore mode for a cringe-worthy permadeath experience, or play more casually where death is just a setback.
- Loot Galore – Gather items and relics along your journey to boost your heroes’ abilities. In the future, you will also come across mysterious items that can bless your heroes but also paralyze them with a curse at the same time.
- Carryover Rewards and Progression System – Get rewarded the more you play through an Artifact system that can benefit Realm Mode, Campaigns, or Adventure Mode.
- Decisions to Make – Shape the course of your adventure with critical decisions and dice rolls.
If you are a developer and would like your game to be featured on Niche Spotlight, contact us!
This is the Spotlight niche. In this column, we regularly feature new games for our fans, so feel free to leave comments and let us know if there’s a game you’d like us to cover!